Straighten your teeth the invisible way
Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten teeth using a series of custom-made, nearly undetectable aligners. Invisalign® consists of a series of removable clear braces or aligners that you change every two weeks for a new set. Each aligner is individually made to fit you perfectly ensuring maximum comfort. It’s the perfect orthodontic choice for modern life.
Invisalign Diamond Provider
We are experts in Invisalign treatment, and are proud to have been given Invisalign Diamond Provider status – this means we are working on up to 151 cases a year.
How does Invisalign® work?
- We develop a computer model of your treatment.
- Invisalign® make a series of custom-made aligners. Each aligner is slightly different, moving your teeth gradually into the desired position. You wear each aligner for two weeks, before moving on to the next in the series.
- Treatment length will vary depending on your case, but the average treatment time will be nine to fifteen months.
- We see you for a progress review every 4 to 6 weeks during which you receive your new aligners. Each aligner will move your teeth little by little, week by week, until they reach the desired position.
Why Choose Invisalign? Invisible braces to suit your lifestyle
- Low visibility – no metal at all, hardly anyone will notice them
- Removable – Invisalign can be removed for meals and special occasions
- Healthy – as the aligners are not attached to your teeth they allow for normal brushing, meaning it’s easier to maintain healthy teeth and gums during treatment
- Comfortable – no metal brackets or wires to irritate your gum or the inside of your mouth.
We have a state-of-the art laser intra-oral scanner that takes accurate impressions of your teeth and jaw so that perfect Invisalign aligners can be created just for you. It means we create high quality impressions without the fuss or need to use traditional trays and plaster.
Invisalign results before and after
I have just finished Invisalign and couldn’t be happier! Dr Dhami has been really professional. I am thrilled with the results.
Excellent, professional service for Invisalign treatment with such friendly staff. Not a fan of coming to the dentist but always felt comfortable and relaxed due to the atmosphere of the practice.
Aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn.
Aligners are clear and look similar to tooth-whitening trays, but are custom-made for a better fit to move teeth. Some dentists have referred to them as “contact lenses for teeth.”
You’ll wear each set of clear aligners day and night for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
Like brackets and arch wires are to braces, Invisalign® aligners move teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force on the teeth. The principal difference is that Invisalign® not only controls forces, but also controls the timing of the force application. At each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move, and these movements are determined by the orthodontic treatment plan for that particular stage. This results in an efficient force delivery system.
Every patient is different and in many cases it is not necessary. However, in cases of severe over crowding extractions may be necessary.
No, there will be no damage. However, if your teeth are crooked there may need to be some IPR (Inter Proximal Reduction). This means tiny amounts of enamel may need to be filed down to create space for teeth to be straightened.
For more information on Invisalign braces visit their website: http://www.invisalign.co.uk
Call Summertown Dental and book an Invisalign consultation today : 020 8888 0881